Lottery winners usually have a difficult time adjusting to the lifestyle that comes with sudden wealth. Here are some tips that aim to help them cope with the unwanted attention and dilemmas that result from winning the lottery.
1. Protect your winning ticket. Until it is time to bring it to the lottery commission, keep your ticket in a place where it’s out of reach from other people and safe from spills and other damaging accidents.
2. Tell no one outside your closest friends and family. Confide in people whom you know can keep a secret and who are not greedy or manipulative.
3. Meet with a lawyer. A lawyer can guide you through the legal issues winning the lottery can raise.
4. Rent a hotel room with cash and under an assumed name. This will spare you from the incessant pestering of the press and all your new “friends”.
5. Confirm the ticket with the lottery commission.
6. Meet with an accountant.
7. Go on a one-month vacation. Not only will this protect you from excessive press and public attention, the time off will give you the opportunity to carefully plan your purchases.
8. Calculate your interest. Ask a financial advisor about the interest that can be generated from various investment options and then budget your “disposable income” according to how much you earn in interest each year.
9. If you feel the need to give, find people and organizations you truly want to help and focus your generosity on only them.
10. Pamper yourself. Set limits though. You do not want to keep spending on your whims till you suddenly realize there’s no money left.
The following list, is the process to receiving your lump-sum of cash. The first step to selling structured settlements would be to find out the exact of amount of money that you need to cover your financial expenses. Many people use the lump-sum of cash they receive to pay off their outstanding debt, purchase a…
Read More >
5 Tips on how to stay rich after selling your structured settlement, annuity payments or lottery winnings for lump sum payment Selling a structured settlement, annuity payments or lottery winnings can certainly be daunting. No one knows what the next ten, twenty or thirty years may hold, thus it is a common belief that selling…
Read More >
Boca Raton, FL – March 24, 2014- Woodbridge Structured Funding LLC, a financial company based in Florida and California specializing in buying out structured settlement, annuity and lottery payments, is offering its full website in Spanish. In order to deliver the best and most inclusive customer service, the company is offering a fully translated website in…
Read More >